Join this year’s Virtual Sports Day to try out new activities and earn points for the Virtual Running Leader Board!
How It Works:
- Take part in as many of the activities that you want to from the lists below between 1st June and 31st July
- Send in a photograph showing you taking part in each activity (children’s faces can be hidden) to be shared on this website as well as Twitter and Facebook before 31st July
- Each activity with photographic evidence will earn you 10 points which will be added to the Leader Board at the beginning of August
Track and Field Activities:
- Long Jump
- High Jump
- Shot Putt
Sports Day Fun Activities:
- Egg and Spoon Race
- Sack Race
- Welly Throwing
- Three Legged Race
- Wheelbarrow Race
- Tennis or Badminton
- Basketball or Netball
How To Sign UP:
If you already have a Virtual Running UK registration number, you don’t have to sign up. Simply email your evidence by midnight on 31st July.
If you don’t have a Virtual Running UK registration number, please complete the form below. The registration fee is £1.50 and this will allow you to enter all of our monthly free races as well as this month’s Virtual Sports Day.
Once you have completed the form, you will receive a confirmation email from Pay Pal and your Registration Number will be sent out to you within 48 hours.
It’s that time of year again, when town centres throughout the world suddenly find themselves draped in sparkling lights and festive cheer to welcome the throngs of seasonal shoppers out to bag themselves a Christmas bargain.
In recent years, however, it’s not just the Christmas consumers who have been crowding out our town centres, as many towns, cities and even the smallest of villages have seen a rise in the number of runners, adorned with red suits and white beards, dashing through the streets in their hundreds for some festive running fun.
But despite the increasing popularity of these festive fun runs, there are still some corners if the land where Santa doesn’t run. So, to make sure that no-one misses out, we are hosting a Virtual Santa Shuffle to help spread the Christmas cheer.
Whether you are running on your own, with friends, at your favourite parkrun or with your local running club, anyone can join our Santa Shuffle. To enter, simply follow the steps below:
- Fill out the ‘Santa Shuffle’ PayPal form (top right)
- We will send you a registration number (if you don’t already have one)
- Run any distance you like (red suit and beard are optional!)
- Email us with evidence of your completed distance and time
- Receive your medal in the post
You can run any distance you like, but if you choose 5K, 10K or a half-marathon, your result will automatically be entered into this month’s virtual race, giving you the chance to win some valuable points for this year’s points competition.
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself registered, grab your beard and bag some bling for Chirstmas!